5.22.2010

Happenings

Here's our latest happenings in a quick rundown since I have about ten piles of laundry to catch up on...
On Monday after we got back from the beach, Miller and I went to Birmingham for a quick trip.  Got to spend a little time with my dad, Cindy, and several friends.  Poor Cindy was in the hospital with an irregular heartbeat {not sure of the official term as I am getting most of my info from a man - my dad}.  She is home and doing better now.  We are praying for her meds to work well so there will be no need for surgery.  Dad got Miller this hat, which looks pretty dang cute on him even though it isn't my team.
On Tuesday we got to go to lunch with Hannah, Sam, Jessica, Evelyn, Katie, and Maggee.  These lunches these days are hysterical, chaotic, loud, messy but mostly just fun.  We have planned a kid-free girls night at Ross Bridge in a few weeks and we CANNOT wait to actually hear complete stories, eat a meal without feeding someone else, and sleep as late as we want.  Get.  Here.  Faster.  Of course I didn't get a picture because things were so crazy, but I promise everyone was cute, adorable, and gorgeous :)

On a sad note, I have determined that the time has come for me to wean Miller.  My milk supply is very low and despite my efforts to improve it it ain't budgin.  So, on Wednesday I dropped one feeding and we'll go from there.  I had hoped to nurse Miller until he was a year old, so I wasn't really mentally prepared for this.  The way I see it though, it would take some intense efforts over several weeks to get my milk supply where he needs it and then it would only be a few weeks before I'd start the weaning process anyway.  I'm trying to focus on the positives like being able wear dresses this summer, not having to pack a pump everywhere we go, being able to truly sleep in occasionally since I'm not providing "breakfast", and lets not forget the joy I'll feel when I can pack away those lovely nursing bras.  However, I am saddened to know that this chapter in my relationship with Miller is ending and it's just another indication of how quickly Miller is turning from baby to toddler.  Sniffle.

Also, we have started finding Miller in his bed like this.
 For a day or two we thought he couldn't figure out how to lay back down so I'd go help him, but we soon discovered that he would plop face forward {bent over his legs} in exhaustion.  It doesn't look too comfy so sometimes I still go adjust him a little so he doesn't sleep like that for long. 
Time to take down the mobile!  You've served us well.

Lastly, Miller is starting to pull up on things.  I have seen him pull himself all the way up but I'm never fast enough with the camera since it doesn't last long.  Here's the best I've been able to do...

Sorry for the chaotic and random post, but that's life I guess!

1 comment:

  1. Time to lower the mattress in his crib!!!
    Then he can still watch his mobile!
    He is becoming a climber, so no telling where you will find him next.
    Give my love a kiss and a hug, miss him.
    love
    Gran

    ReplyDelete