5.03.2010

Sew Busy

Lame I know, but I couldn't resist the pun.  Since my first attempt at an outfit for Miller I've sewn two more.  For my first solo project I used my least favorite fabric {just in case} and voila...
It's still a little big on Miller which is why he's not modeling it for me {which I'm sure he loves}.  From here I decided to adjust the pattern a bit since Miller is tall and skinny {as you may recall being documented by a medical professional}.   I also decided to try my first applique.  I was surprised by how much easier this was than I thought it would be.  This is by far my favorite outfit I've made.
I've really enjoyed learning how to sew.  It is so rewarding to create something unique {and cheap!} for your child.  Now that I've got this pattern down I'll be venturing into some new ones for a little variety.  Now if only I could sew clothes for myself; I'd really save some money!

1 comment: