9.12.2010

Labor Day Weekend

On Labor Day we had our annual trip to the lake with college friends.  This was our fourth year to do it {we skipped last year since Miller was just born} and as always, it was a blast!  It was a little crazier this year since we had so many babies in the mix, but it was definitely a good crazy.  As you'll see below, we had six kids there.  We also had twelve adults {plus my parents who hosted us}.  We started having it so that we'd be close to Auburn for the first game of the season and we'd get some lake time in too.  This year no one went to the game because it was just too busy with the little ones.  Times are changing I guess!!!
All of the kiddos!  Hays, Winston, Miller, Sam, Evelyn, and Hunter
Winston is the oldest {3} and he was so great with all of the smaller kids!  He took turns, shared, and even helped the grown ups some.
Obviously Winston is a big Auburn fan.  At one point we had this conversation:
Winston: "Do you like Bamers?"
Me:  "What did you just say?"  {aka, Did you really just say "Bamer"!?!}
Winston:  "Do you like Bamers?"
Me:  "Well, yea.  Actually I'm married to a Bamer."
Winston:  "Why?"
I don't even think I answered him, because I was too busy laughing.
When Evelyn {2} saw Miller crawling, she decided to revert and follow him around while crawling.  I never caught a good shot of both of them crawling, but it was too precious not to mention!
Every year we celebrate Emily's birthday.  Cake by the lake - can't beat that!  Happy Birthday, Em!
Miller also got his first sailing lesson from Pop.  I must also mention that Miller said "Pop" a few times this weekend.  Good thing he's got those P's down since he has a Pop, a Papa Frank, and a Poppy.  Pop was the official chef for the weekend and I'm pretty sure I can thank him for the three extra pounds I'm toting around now {along with Hannah's yummy Cornflake Candy}.  Thanks for hosting us, Mom and John!  And thanks to everyone for making the trip!  I treasure our friendships and I'm so thankful that we make an effort to get together regularly.  See y'all in about a month!!

1 comment:

  1. All those babies! That is so cute :) Glad ya'll had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete