9.18.2010

Our Little Picasso

Miller has come home from Mother's Day Out with some pretty cute "artwork" over the past month!  I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with it all because I just can't bring myself to put any of it in the trash can.  At this rate, we'll need a storage facility just for his paperwork by the time he's in first grade.  So, I have decided to scan it in {we'll see how long it lasts} for now and then decide.  I may just keep a few of these first pieces and then pick a few favorites each year to save in a scrapbook or something.  Any suggestions?

Let me also add that I am not oblivious to the fact that Miller is thirteen months old and therefore not capable of a lot of this "work" :)  I think it is so great that his teacher is exposing him to so much though.  And I'll be the first to say that I'm certainly not brave enough to break out the markers and paint quite yet!  I also think it's cute that she actually gets him to use the "right" colors for things.  See for yourself...
As you can see, they are learning about Creation this month :)  By the way, there was a B is for butterfly" page, but for some unknown reason my scanner despised that one and refused to scan it after twelve attempts.  I only have so much patience.

Please comment and let me know if you have any great {easy} ideas for keeping these precious works of art :)

4 comments:

  1. I just heard of someone who scanned in the art then printed off a yearly Shutterfly photo book of their child's artwork. It would be a pain to scan everything in but also totally worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey for a short term solution....I saw on Janelle's facebook that she took a curtain rod and hung all the art from it...Try to find it on her page. I printed a pic of it so I would remember to do it when Addie starts creating artwork. :)

    SB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! Lyndsey - I was thinking I might attempt that, but couldn't decide if I would wish I would have saved the actual pieces. That sounds like the most efficient option though. SB - I saw that on Janelle's page and want to do that if we ever have a playroom. So cute! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since you have a scanner and have scanned some already you might be able to shrink them down to 4x6 size and print them as pictures and put them in a photo album several to a page. You could keep your favorites as originals and shrink the rest. I know, it's hard!!! My rule with Hannah now that she is older is that if it's just scribbling and she really didn't TRY, it gets tossed. It's easier at this age to toss them.

    ReplyDelete