1.16.2011

Sanity Saver

Last week we were snowed in and all of our usual outings were canceled, my brain began to turn to mush by about day three.  Since some other moms in our neighborhood were feeling the same way, we decided to get together for a little playgroup.  I am so glad we did!  It was exactly what the doctor ordered.  Miller got to see a new environment and some different toys and Mama got to have some great conversation.  We were having such a good time inside that we never got everyone in snow clothes and outside.  I was dragging myself out around 2:20 to take Miller home for a nap {already about an hour past normal nap time} when Lori convinced me to go on just one sled ride to  at least get a quick picture.  
Well, the second Miller started signing and saying, "Mo! Mo!" and I saw that grin from ear to ear I knew naptime was taking a backseat that day!  If you know me at all, you know this is sooo out of my character.  It was well worth it though!
Miller could barely keep his eyes open by the time we got home around 4:15, so I decided to risk a late night and put him down for a little nap.  He was out like a light in no time.  When Bryant got home at 5:30 we both agreed we should wake him up as to not mess up his bedtime too much.  Bryant quickly volunteered to get him and I took advantage of a little extra sewing time.  I was so wrapped up in what I was doing that I didn't even notice thirty minutes had passed and it was still extremely quiet upstairs.  I found daddy and baby boy both fast asleep in the rocking chair at 6:05!!!!  Miller's usual bedtime is 7:00.  We got Miller fed and ready for bed and thankfully we didn't mess him up too badly.  He was asleep around 8:20 or so.  I am slowly but surely learning to loosen the reigns a bit!

The snow is finally melting and life should return to usual this week.  It was fun while it lasted but we are ready for Spring now!  Thanks for having us over, Lori!

No comments:

Post a Comment