1.13.2011

A sweet moment with Pop

Ahem.  Let me begin my greeting you with a very big, "WAAAARRRRRRR EAGLE!"  My alma mater did me proud Monday night and pulled out the big win.  Part of me wishes I had been there, but our bank account is thanking us for staying put.  And, let's just be real, if I had gone it would have been on my own.  No way hubby was going.  At least I got to play in the snow with my two favorite boys and cheer on my tigers from home {thank GOODNESS the power/cable didn't go out!}.

Moving right along... We had quite the excitement around here last night when Bryant muted the TV and said, "What's that?"  {Can you see me straining my ears to hear... nothing}.  I didn't hear a thing and quickly grabbed the remote to return to our show.  Bryant, being the protector and diligent one, ran downstairs and came back to tell me we had water leaking through the ceiling onto our NEW floors!!! Panic.  He set into "fix it" mode while I grabbed towels and a bucket to set into "damage control" mode. At about 9:00 he went outside {in 17 degree temps}, turned off the main water valve {which was under about five inches of snow/ice}, and went to Walmart to get a new part.  I won't even pretend to know what the part is called.  By about 10:30 he had it all fixed up!  As he worked, I did what any helpful wife would do and perused pictures on my computer.  I was quite shocked to find a few favorite moments that I realized I'd never shared with you.  Here's numero uno...

Back in December Gran and Pop came up for a quick visit and Miller shared such a sweet moment with his Pop.  My mom got Miller out of his high chair after dinner and asked, "Do you want Mama or Gran to put you to bed?"  {More of a question to me than to Miller, by the way.}  Surprisingly Miller responded, "Pop" and reached for John who was sitting on the sofa.   He then proceeded to lay like this...
for several minutes until Mom and I told John to go put him to bed.  I'm pretty convinced he would have stayed there all night.  It was so sweet and so unexpected.  Miller has never asked for someone to put him to bed and is usually fine with whoever completes the task.  Also, Miller doesn't cuddle {much} and rarely stays still for long.  One things for sure, Miller loves his Pop!

Be back soon with the other "unreported" moment back in October...  Miller is about to be up and then  we're off to a neighborhood playgroup!

1 comment:

  1. HOW INCREDIBLY SWEET!!! and you know he stayed there a while if you got your camera and had time for a pic! love reading about that sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete