2.09.2011

Birthday Surprises

The past few days have been a whirlwind of surprises!

Surprise #1:  Bryant and I decided to go to our early church service Sunday (we always go to the late service) and on our way to Sunday School he just happened to check his phone to find five missed calls, two texts, and three voicemails.  We quickly found out that Kate {his sister} was about to have an emergency c-section any minute.  What?!?!  This surprise was three weeks early so we were so excited, but also a little worried.  We ran home and quickly packed to head to Tuscaloosa.  Praise the Lord everyone was healthy!!  Blogosphere, meet my one and only niece, Malley Frances Limbaugh.
 Aren't they a beautiful family!
Miller wasn't too sure what to think at first, but he warmed up a little bit.

Surprise #2:  This was actually not a surprise for us, but for my mom.  Her birthday is tomorrow so Miller and I surprised her with a visit for a few days.  We went down Sunday {we decided to leave from Tuscaloosa} and came back this afternoon.  She was surprised to find this on her doorstep Sunday night...

We had a great visit complete with a trip to the mall...
ice cream...
a spa day for the girls while Uncle Brad babysat {sorry no pictures}...
lots of hugs...
and a few sloppy kisses...
Happy birthday, Malley and Gran!!

2 comments:

  1. Whitney,
    I love reading your blog. I especially love it when you blog about the Limbaugh's. Scott was my best friend from pre-school through 12th grade. I am so glad to see a healthy little baby! Thanks for sharing!
    Tara Roberson Verdigets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malley is so cute and indeed a blessing. I am so thankful that she and Kate were both healthy and safe. Can't wait to see Malley and hold her.
    Speaking of blessings, the surprise of Miller and Mommy on my doorstep was one of the best ever!! What a fun few days, I loved it. Thank you both for making the trip and thanks to Bryant for sharing you two for a few days.
    Was a wonderful birthday.
    Love you,
    Gran/Mom

    ReplyDelete