6.08.2011

Best Laid Plans

I had big plans to videotape bedtime prayers tonight.  I set up our tripod and Flipvideo in Miller's room before bedtime hoping he wouldn't notice it.  Whenever we try to tape anything he does, he clams up as soon as he sees the camera.  I even snuck in his room before bedtime to hit the record button.  It started out okay, but about halfway through prayers he saw the camera.  See for yourself...
Normally, Miller names just about every person he knows when we pray.  It is so sweet!  It amazes me that he can remember everyone in our family without prompting.  I wanted to capture this moment, but I guess I'll have to try again.  Maybe I need to use a hidden camera next time  :)

5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet Whitney! Thank you for sharing! You are such a good mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the breakfast entertainment! Boy I have certainly got to figure out a way to get back in Miller's good graces so I can make the prayer list!! See ya'll soon. -Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss my angel. How about a little more light the next time you try, for the old folks, like me!! Miller is so sweet and lovable.
    give him a hug for Pop and Gu Ga.
    love
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lindsey! Scott - he usually says your name! Mom - I was trying to make it as normal as possible (with only the lamp on) in hopes that he would do his normal prayers and not know anything was up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sweetie,
    Guess you found out, you didn't fool him! What a brilliant, inquisitive little boy (not prejudice at all, am I?) Guess you are going to have to use some of Bryant's camo gear to hide the camera!
    Scott, I can attest that Miller normally says your name and ALL the family and friends. He is smart enough to know that it lengthens the bedtime routine. He is one lucky boy, to be loved by so many.
    Love,
    Mom/Penny

    ReplyDelete