6.21.2011

Family Get-Togethers

Monday morning Miller and I loaded up and went to Birmingham for a quick trip.  My aunt Linda {my mom's sister} was in town from Texas and they decided to have a mini reunion of sorts. 
Back row:  Donna {mom's cousin}, Linda {my aunt}, June {my great aunt, my late grandmother's sister}, Carol {mom's cousin}, Barbara {mom's cousin)  Front Row: my mom, Debbie {my aunt}
Here's the second & third generation that was there.  Back row:  Morgan {my cousin}, Miller, me, Austin {my cousin}, Brandy {Austin's wife}  Front:  Preston & Sawyer {Donna's grandsons - this makes them my third cousins??  Is that right?}
Joe, Randy, and Martin.  A few of the husbands who married in to the crazy Stuckey family.  Yes, I did in fact say Stuckey.
Austin was sweet enough to share his cake with Miller.  He was getting some good practice in since he and Brandy are expecting a baby girl this Fall!

After Miller had his nap, we loaded up again and headed over to my dad's house for a belated Father's Day dinner and to spend the night.  Miller had so much fun playing outside with Poppy & Cissy until dinner.
 He wasn't quite brave enough to try out the big slide yet.
He even helped them do a little yard work.  In his swim diaper.  Somehow I failed to get any pictures of him in the baby pool.  It had a little slide and was FULL of new water toys!
This morning Poppy & Miller played outside a little more, watched some cartoons,
 and Miller helped earn our keep.
Before we left town, we decided to grab lunch at one of my favorite spots in Birmingham: O'Carr's.  Miller ate a little chicken salad and a TON of fruit.  He loved it!  Poppy got us a piece of chocolate swirled cheesecake to top it off.   It was deeeeeelicious!
 After lunch we met up with Gran and Aunt Linda at the Summit for a little shopping.
Miller was asleep by the time we made it to the interstate.  I could have been, too!
The older I get the more and more I appreciate these family get-togethers.   I love hearing all of the old stories and reminiscing of my childhood.  We really need to do it more often!  And of course, it's always fun to see Poppy & Cissy.  Thanks for a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment