6.02.2011

Twenty-two Months

As you may, or may probably not, have noticed I never got around to the monthly post last month.  By the time I realized it, I decided I might as well just wait.  So here we are.  Twenty-two months old.  To quote Leo from Little Einsteins, "I CANNOT believe it!"  {Can you tell that's a favorite cartoon around here?}  It seems crazy that I'm already thinking about Miller's 2nd birthday.  Here are some updates on our little Miller Man...
Vocabulary:  Miller's vocabulary continues to flourish and it brings us such joy to hear him learn new words and phrases.  A few of our favorites are "tetitopter" {helicopter}, "are do?" {Where are you?}, and "tank to" {Thank you.  It should be noted that he pretty much only says this when HE is giving something to someone.  A little backwards, but it's still progress.}  On a bittersweet note, he now says "milk" instead of "guk".
 
Sizes:  4 diaper, 6.5 shoe, 18-24 month clothes
Sleep:  Miller is in a pretty good sleeping phase right now.  {And I'm sure I just ruined it by blogging about it.}  He still goes to bed around 7:00 and sleeps until at least 7:00 a.m.  He's been known to sleep as late as 9:00 or so these days though.  He takes one nap around 1:30 and sleeps for an hour or two.

I hope it's just a phase:  Right now Miller LOVES stuff animals.  Until recently, he hardly noticed them, but now he is all about them.  When we read before nap and bed, he wants to get all of his animals out and set them around him while we read.  He also wants to carry some type of creature with us wherever we go.  Usually it's "baby", "dog", "bear" or "bee".  I'm trying to keep him from getting super attached to any one animal {for fear that we will have some serious meltdowns if anything were to happen to the beloved animal}.  I'm also trying to pick my battles and make reasonable boundaries.  Usually the animal is allowed to sit near him while he eats and he can take it in the car, but we try to avoid lugging them into restaurants, etc.
Other tidbits:  Miller is really into hiding right now.
 He is {kind of} eating off of a plate with a fork or spoon.
 He looks like this most afternoons after playing outside with daddy.
 Needless to say, a bath is now a necessity every afternoon.

Miller Man, we love you and watching you grow brings us such joy!  We are so blessed by you!

No comments:

Post a Comment