6.26.2011

Paint, Pudding & Pizza

Hello friends!  I hope you've had a great weekend!  I spent most of mine looking at this...
and these...
It was actually a little therapeutic to be outside all day, painting, and listening to praise music on Pandora.  About halfway through I'll admit I felt a little like Tom Sawyer.  Only none of my friends came by for me to trick into helping me.  While I was busy painting, Bryant and Miller spent some quality time together.  Apparently they covered themselves with stickers and ate chocolate pudding.
I also interrupted a game or two of truck-riding-dodge-ball.
About ten minutes after I finished the second coat on the porch, I heard some serious thunder heading our way.  Bryant helped me haul the boards that we took off of the porch {the ones that cover the edges of the screen when we put it back on} down to the garage since I still needed to paint them.  I had just started painting them when the bottom fell out.  I was hoping that the paint job I just finished wouldn't be totally ruined since the rain wouldn't be hitting it directly.  I worried about the stairs since they're not covered.  My fears were multiplied when I saw this...
We took the drainpipe {is that the correct term?} off so I could paint behind it and the water was conveniently directed right on top of the steps.  Woops.  Thankfully, off all the things to have to repaint the stairs are the easiest by far.  I haven't had a chance to fully examine the outside rails of the porch, but I think they are fine.  I still have another coat to put on the boards in the garage and then Bryant has to hang the new screen, put on the new door, and reassemble said boards.  I also want to do another coat on the floor once the first one dries thoroughly.  I'll be sure to get a picture of it when it's all finished.

Since I've been busy outside, we've eaten our fair amount of junk/fast food this weekend.  We ordered pizza tonight.  Big boy Miller didn't want me to cut his up for him.
Miller also had steamed cauliflower on his plate and he asked for THREE helpings of it.  Let me break it down for you, baby boy had PIZZA in his hand and he CHOSE steamed cauliflower.  He didn't just eat the veggie, he INHALED it and asked for more.  I'm one  proud mama.  Bryant and I were cracking up and decided to take a picture to show him when he's eight.  He'll probably hate cauliflower then and beg for pizza.

1 comment: