6.15.2011

VBS 2011

We've been VBSing around here this week.  Sorry for the lack of blogging.  I've been teaching a class of about nine first graders {it varies from night to night} and Miller hangs in the nursery with "Bake" and "Sayee" {also known as Blake and Sally}.  I NEVER remembered to take a picture of Miller with them, but he loves them!  Here's two quick stories to prove it:

1.  VBS started at our church on Sunday night.  On Monday afternoon, I mentioned that we were going to church and Miller parked himself next to the door to leave and chanted, "Chuwch Bake Sayee" for about ten minutes until we left.

2.  Today he was coloring in his high chair working on a few cards for Father's Day.  As he colored each one I would tell him who it was for.  After we finished all of them he looked at me and said, "Bake".  I asked him if he wanted to color a picture for Blake and he got so excited, which in toddler language means yes.

Sally told me she took a cute video of him in there with them so I'll be sure to post that when she gets it to me.

All in all it was a great week!  It is such a precious opportunity {and huge responsibility} to teach the Word of God to such sweet little hearts.  Truth be told, I got a little teary-eyed a few times listening to all of those tiny voices sing to Jesus.   I pray that seeds have been planted this week and I'm thankful to have had a small part in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment