3.03.2011

Renovations {Sort Of}

We've been re-doing our downstairs since August.  I'm not sure you can call it an actual renovation since we didn't really knock down walls or anything.  We Bryant did however tear out some risers and lots of nasty carpet.  We painted, we Bryant and John laid down new flooring, and we had someone hardwood the stairs.  It made the biggest difference!  The downstairs felt kind of like a dungeon before since it was so dark, there are no windows, and the carpet was nasty, but it feels MUCH better now!  About two weeks ago I finally got my custom built desk in {my Christmas gift from the Mastin's}.  It looks so nice!  Here are some before and after pics.  I really needed a wide-angled lens for this photography project, but hopefully you'll see the improvements and get the idea...

Before
  
In between, while I waited on my desk.  One word: junky...
 
After
You really can't tell from these pictures, but this room looks soooo much bigger now.  It is a great, big bonus room with a gas fireplace that could be used in so many ways.  We chose a craft/office/workout room, but we're hoping that potential buyers will be able to see it as a blank slate to use however fits them best {Yes, our house is on the market.  It's been a challenge to keep it "show ready" with a toddler.}  
The flooring and paint spread into the bedroom downstairs also, but I don't have any good pictures of that.  I need to find a local friend with a wide-angled lens {hint, hint}.

Thanks to Bryant and John for all of their hard work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment