3.12.2011

Weekend Update

Unfortunately this won't be as funny as the SNL version.  You've been warned.  Here's what we've been up to this weekend!

I asked Bryant's parents if they could babysit on Friday night and they were sweet enough to offer to have Miller spend the night.  I can't tell you how grateful this makes me for many reasons.  The first is obvious in that it's always nice to have a night off and a Saturday to sleep in.  More than that though, I'm grateful that Miller will have such a close relationship with his Nana and Papa Frank {or "Boppa" as Miller calls him} from these overnight stays.  I have many fond childhood memories of overnights with my grandparents and I'm so thankful that Miller will have these too. 

On Saturday afternoon we enjoyed the beautiful weather by heading to the park.  Miller braved the big slide with Daddy...

and even went down the little one by himself {about 563 times}.  I didn't get to snap any pictures of this though since I was catching him at the bottom.  He was so brave and excited though and the static from the slide made his hair look like Einstein's.  Too bad I didn't get a pic :(

After the swing and slide began to get a little old, we headed to the water to throw some sticks and rocks in {which he loves to do}...
 
and broke for a little snack.

{You may or may not have noticed that I chopped about seven inches off of my hair.  That's a pretty big update, because I can't remember the last time my hair was this short.  Yikes!  So far I am really liking it, but it still catches me off guard when I look in the mirror.}
So far it's been a great weekend!  Bring it on Spring!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures and I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. I love your hair!!
    Can't wait to see you all.
    love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete