3.21.2011

Visiting Malley

Hello friends!  I feel like I've been away from the blogosphere too long.  To explain:  Friday morning I woke up to find a text from Kate that said she and Malley were no longer coming home for the weekend.  Scott had to go out of town for work so Kate had planned to come to Boaz, but decided at 3:30 a.m. that she wanted to stay-put and get started on sleep training.  I had told her I'd come "help" {a.k.a. provide moral support while sweet Malley learned to self-soothe, a.k.a. cry-it-out} sometime so when I saw her text I decided we should head down to hang out with her and Malley.  I walked into Miller's room prepared to get started packing when I found...
a feverish baby.  {This pic wasn't actually taken that morning, but it pretty much sums up how he felt most of the weekend.}  Bummer.  I no longer thought it would be a good idea for us to go and stay with a newborn.   His fever dropped drastically throughout the day and after a bit of deliberation we decided to head down anyway.  We stayed at the Mastin's vacation house {which is just up the street from Kate and Scott} and deternined to keep Miller away from Malley and Kate.  Bryant was such a sweetie to take daddy duty most of the weekend while I hung out down at Kate's house.  Miller made a few appearances at Kate's though...
Miller loved looking at "bebe" Malley {from afar} and I caught him walking into her room more than once.  {Thankfully I caught him before he went in while she was sleeping.}  He liked her little rocking chair so we pulled it out of her room for him to play in.
He also thought it was so neat to watch her take a bath.  I bet he was thinking, "I can't wait to teach you how to splash."
 I can't blame him; she's pretty cute to watch.
 Look at this yummy goodness...
Miller's fever was gone this morning and has stayed down today thankfully.  I was going to take him to the doctor today if it wasn't gone.  Praise the Lord it seems to be!

2 comments:

  1. Glad Miller is better! Such sweet pictures. I got to meet sweet Malley today. She is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe how fast Miller is growing up! He definitely looks like a toddler on the bike with Daddy. And Malley is absolutely adorable, can't wait to meet her and steal those sweet kisses. Thanks for posting.
    love
    Gran/Mom

    ReplyDelete